Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ Contents contributed and discussions participated by Spiral Funk

Contents contributed and discussions participated by Spiral Funk

John Brigham

Feature Request: smart lists or compound tags - 84 views

feature lists request tags
started by John Brigham on 16 Apr 08 no follow-up yet
  • Spiral Funk
     
    John Brigham wrote:
    > Apologies if these feature exists already but I haven't found it. I think it would be helpful to have some way to "smart save" groups of bookmarks. Maybe smart lists - bookmarks are automatically included in the list if they match pre-defined criteria. Alternatively, how about compound tags - saving a group of tags as one compound or meta tag inclusive of all sub tags.

    Yes! We need a way to automatically include bookmarks in a list based on specific tag combinations.

    If one wants to take it to the extremes (and i'd like that ;), one advanced way could be to have a Gmail-like filtering in Diigo. Gmail allows you to automatically label emails based on specific criterias. The same thing could work in Diigo. You could filter bookmarks by a combination of tags, bookmarkers, lists etc., and then assign these bookmarks to tags, lists, convert to public/private etc.

    Too advanced, too complicated? I say "advance enough" ;)
Antoine ;-))

Lists management - 164 views

lists list bookmark section view tag suggestion
started by Antoine ;-)) on 27 Apr 08 no follow-up yet
  • Spiral Funk
     
    I think you have some great suggestions.


    > 1 - When bookmarking, it would be nice that the window allows to add a bookmark to several lists, using tickbox.

    It would be great if we could choose to display options as drop-down-lists or as tick boxes. I would rather use tick boxes myself since it's much faster and more comfortable for me.

    > 5 - Is there any way to visualise all my URL that DON'T belong to any list ?

    I would like organize my thousands of bookmarks by splitting them into different lists. Therefore it would be very handy if i could also find bookmarks that i haven't yet assigned to a list.

    > 6 - Can I see or edit all the tags used in one of my list?

    I cannot understand why Diigo doesn't allow us to browse or search for bookmarks in one specific list by tags. I would really like to see that implemented!

    Thanks for listening.
Maggie Tsai

New highlight colors - 166 views

highlight toolbar performance colour shade depth suggestion FAQ
  • Spiral Funk
     
    Hi,

    Could somebody, e.g. Maggie, provide me a HTML example of how the code for Public Annotation (the green ones) looks like when a page gets rendered... I can't find a green annotation right now anywhere.

    I need to know the whole HTML code for the layer-tag so i can identify them in my Stylish script, and that way be able to change the colors however i want... (Stylish is a Firefox extension...)

    You can't insert html-code here, so if you just shoot me an URL that contains a green annotation. I have only been able to find the purple ones, i.e. group annotations...

    ps. I tried creating a public annotation myself, but i can't because i have no friends (2 required). (And Diigo didn't let me make them even after i had invited and registered two of my imaginary friends.. smart Diigo...)

    pps. Sure i will release the Stylish script, if it starts working. Nothing fancy though.
  • Spiral Funk
     
    Thanks Maggie....

    I think i got the Stylish script working now.
    You can change the colors of highlights and annotations with it. (I'm only changing the background-color so it won't work with the underlining option in Diigo...)
    You can specify a color for a specific user's highlights.
    You can also specify the colors of the search-term-highlighting.

    Somebody please try out the Stylish script, you can find it here:

    http://userstyles.org/style/show/2324

    Let me know if there're are any problems...

    I don't know how useful it is, but we'll see... I'll remove it if it's too buggy :)
doof von daddious

Add a tag to clipit - 59 views

clipit
started by doof von daddious on 12 May 07 no follow-up yet
  • Spiral Funk
     
    doofdaddy wrote:
    > Love the new clip it feature. How do I add a tag to the clip without going into the bookmark site?

    I guess you could first clip it and then use the Search box to add tags and finally press the QuickD button. But QuickD will also flag the bookmark unread, (which will annoy you or then not.)
Spiral Funk

Private/Public Bookmarking - 198 views

group privacy tag suggestion
  • Spiral Funk
     
    I've requested some of this before...

    I'm super happy how Diigo has evolved lately. But i would still like to voice my opinion about some issues...

    1.Choosing between private and public bookmarking is still not fast enough, it feels silly to have a drop-down-menu as there are only two options namely private/public, it would be much faster to have the two options as buttons.

    2. I use plenty of Firefox extensions and probably therefore my diigo pop-up window takes ages to load (1 second+). It takes me additionally 1 second before i get my pointer to focus on the tag-field.
    But lo and behold, i then discovered QuickD (i didn't associate the name with bookmarking...how silly of me). Now, instead of using the diigo popup-bookmarking-window, i always use QuickD. It's just much faster to right away be able to tag your bookmarks in the so called "search box". There are a couple of issues with this though.

    2.1 I'm not presented with Tag Suggestions, i get Search Suggestions! Therefore i propose to make it an option to get Tag Suggestions instead in the "search box". (I never use diigo's search box for searching since i don't know the keyboard shortcut for it, if it exists... I use ctrl+k for firefox' own search box...)

    2.2 I cannot choose between private and public bookmarking with QuickD. Since there's a notable difference between what kind of links i want public and private, it would be quite intuitive if i could specify that all bookmarks tagged with specific work related tag should be kept private. Or perhaps all items that have a specific tag prefix could be kept private (i use 2read, 2research, 2do and other odd conventions).

    Nowadays as we use the net, our leisure and work activities mix and therefore one cannot expect that all bookmarks on a given day be tagged either private or public. I will use both any given day. The difficulties in choosing between private and public has led to a situation where 15% of my bookmarks are only public...

    2.3 It would be nice if i could specify tags that go directly to a Group too, like "collaboration" for the group "Collaboration". Another possibility, would be to use the Delicious prefix "for:" to send bookmarks to some group, i don't know how this should be handled when bookmarking simultaneously to delicious though...

    2.4 All QuickD bookmarks will be marked unread, although i've read them.


    BTW. The tagcloud for the forum should perhaps also be featured on the new topic page, so that one can see which tags are used the most.. "should i use 'group' or 'groups' " and so on.


    Thanks for listening!
  • Spiral Funk
     
    maggie_diigo wrote:

    > > 1.Choosing between private and public bookmarking is still not fast enough, it feels silly to have a drop-down-menu as there are only two options namely private/public, it would be much faster to have the two options as buttons.
    >
    > The spacing a little bit tight there already. But nevertheless, see your point - will discuss here.

    I do understand it's a matter of screen real estate among other things...

    I don't know, perhaps it would be possible to hack the pop-up window to ones liking with Greasemonkey or Stylish scripts. Unfortunately i don't possess big hacking skills...

    >
    >
    > > 2.1 I'm not presented with Tag Suggestions, i get Search Suggestions! Therefore i propose to make it an option to get Tag Suggestions instead in the "search box". (I never use diigo's search box for searching since i don't know the keyboard shortcut for it, if it exists... I use ctrl+k for firefox' own search box...)
    >
    > Diigo search box (multi-category) is one feature that may not be apparent at first glance, but very useful once you know how to use it. For those who haven't tried, I'd recommend reading the instruction http://www.diigo.com/help/search/3 and give that a try.
    >

    The multi-category search feature is handy indeed...

    > Can you please elaborate more how you will envision a new "Tag Suggestion" icon / function will work in toolbar?
    >

    Sorry, with "tag suggestions" i just referred to the same kind of mechanism that is present in the diigo pop-up window, i.e. when the user starts typing in the tag field he will be presented with tags he has used before.

    I think somebody suggested in another thread that it would be convenient to see what kinds of tags other people have used for the page, i wouldn't mind that, but it isn't crucial... I'm mainly concerned with remembering what kinds of tags i've used myself...

    >
    >
    > > 2.2 I cannot choose between private and public bookmarking with QuickD. Since there's a notable difference between what kind of links i want public and private, it would be quite intuitive if i could specify that all bookmarks tagged with specific work related tag should be kept private. Or perhaps all items that have a specific tag prefix could be kept private (i use 2read, 2research, 2do and other odd conventions).
    >
    > I see. However, my first reaction is that is doing all these will really take lots of time saving vs. just using our Diigo bookmark popup window where you can achieve anything that you wish to accomplish without all these extra engineering effort? Before going back to our team for further discussion, we should assess is this a feature that's only going to be used by few users, or will be helpful to many to deserve the extra engineering effort.
    >
    > Maybe you can open up a separate thread on this particular issue to engage in other users's attention & feedback - would be nice to get some sense how widely used is QuickD and how people feel about it.
    >

    Will do (a new thread about QuickD)...

    I guess my issue has to do with the fact that most of the time i only use the privacy selection-box and tag field feature of the pop-up window, everything else will be left untouched.

    I chose Diigo as my bookmarking tool because it has the smartest functionality compared to others, that is only why i make such a huge issue of such a small thing...

    > >
    > > 2.3 It would be nice if i could specify tags that go directly to a Group too, like "collaboration" for the group "Collaboration". Another possibility, would be to use the Delicious prefix "for:" to send bookmarks to some group, i don't know how this should be handled when bookmarking simultaneously to delicious though...
    >
    > Good point - will discuss here.
    >

    Come to think of it, one needs to click three times to share a bookmark with a group, which is why i don't share much with groups...

    As long as there isn't a big incentive to share with a group (e.g. if you don't know the people in it), the choice to share a bookmark with the group will be affected by smallish things...


    I guess i've made my point clear already, and i'll stop for now... :-o :-)
Spiral Funk

QuickD and Bookmarking with the Toolbar? - 34 views

feature poll quickd toolbar
started by Spiral Funk on 24 May 07 no follow-up yet
  • Spiral Funk
     
    ollitolli wrote:

    > Actually I like the pop-up window because I prefer to add at least some tags right when I bookmark a web page and not later. I can't do that with QuickD.

    Sure you can ;)

    Put your tags in the Search box next to the QuickD button. Also make sure you have the "Capture search terms" turned on by clicking on QuickD's down-arrow, and choosing the corresponding option.

    oh yeah :)
TransTracker

Two problems - 27 views

expand_comments toolbar
Maggie Tsai

How to send your FF profile to help us debugging - 98 views

debugging firefox profile tip
started by Maggie Tsai on 02 Jun 07 no follow-up yet
  • Spiral Funk
     
    maggie_diigo wrote:
    > 5) Please also advise the details of your computer specs (such as operating system, browser version, extensions / themes installed in FF), etc...

    An easy way to do this if you have *many* extensions etc. is to use the Infolister extension:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/447
Spiral Funk

Web Worker Daily » Blog Archive 8 Tips for Better del.icio.us Bookmarking « - 0 views

  • While the for: tag is well known among delicious users (and specifically supported by delicious), some delicious users use the via: tag to track who provided a link. That allows people browsing your links to know who else they might want to add to their network on del.icio.us. Ric Hayman of Aqualung proposes that this could form the basis for a reputation economy online.
1 - 9 of 9
Showing 20 items per page