- Save important websites and access them on any computer.
- Categorize websites by titles, notes, keyword tags, lists and groups.
- Search through bookmarks to quickly find desired information.
- Save a screenshot of a website and see how it has changed over time.
- Annotate websites with highlighting or virtual "sticky notes."
- View any annotations made by others on any website visited.
- Share websites with g
- ...4 more annotations...
Personal Student Bookmarks
Diigo can provide a way to enrich or extend learning about a topic.
Beyond extended student learning, Diigo can be used as a form of professional development.
- Students can save relevant websites to lists in their Diigo student accounts. Each saved bookmark captures the URL and a screenshot, and can be searched later.
- Students can highlight important information right on the website, using Diigo. Later, when students return to the website, they find the reason they saved the bookmark in the first place.
- Students can use virtual sticky notes to summarize the important points of information from the website. This activity will mimic the time-tested procedure of using note cards to summarize and organize research projects.
- Students working on similar topics can create and join groups in order to collaborate.
- Later, when students need to document their sources, Diigo can be used to recall website URLs for citing sources.
ResearchTeaching students to research is a common standard across all grade levels, elementary, middle school, high school, and beyond. Diigo excels as a research tool: