- I will never post any information more personal than my first name nor will I post pictures of myself.
- I will not plagiarize, instead I will expand on others' ideas and give credit where it is due.
- I will use language appropriate for school.
- I will not insult my fellow students or their writing.
- I will only post pieces that I am comfortable with everyone seeing; other pieces I will keep as drafts.
- I will not be afraid to express my ideas, while not overgeneralizing or making derogatory/inflammatory remarks; any posts or edits on controversial issues must either be submitted to Mr. Wilkoff prior to posting or be a part of a classroom project/question which addresses controversial issues.
- I will use constructive/productive/purposeful criticism, supporting any idea, comment, or critique I have with evidence.
- I will take all online content creation seriously, posting only things that are meaningful and taking my time when I write.
- I will try to spell everything correctly.
- I will not use my public writing (blog posts, comments, discussion topics, wiki edits) as a chat room, instead, I will save IM language for private conversations.
- I will not bully others in my blog posts or in my comments.
- I will never access another student's account in order to pose as them or look at their personal content, but I will advise them when they haven't logged out of their computer from my own account.
- I will be proactive in monitoring the comments that others leave on my blog, utilizing the comment blacklist if necessary.
- I will personalize my blog and keep my writing authentic, while taking responsibility for anything blogged in my name.
- I will not provoke other students in my blog posts or comments.
- I will use my online content as an extension of the classroom, and in doing so, I will leave anything that unsaid in the classroom unsaid online.
- I will only post photos which are school appropriate and either in the creative commons or correctly cited.
- I will not spam (including, but not limited to meaningless messages, mass messages, and repetitive messages)
- I will only post comments on posts that I have fully read, rather than just skimmed.
- I will respect the public nature of online information, and in doing so, I will respect the wishes of my fellow students for keeping their information (full name, compromising stories, etc.) private.
academyofdiscovery - Internet Safety - 8 views
shared by Dean Mantz on 03 May 13 - No Cached
William Eipper liked it
shared by Dean Mantz on 17 Nov 11 - No Cached
shared by Anne Bubnic on 05 Feb 09 - Cached
1 - 7 of 7
Showing 20▼ items per page