Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ Allowing minimal html in the forum text
iplnts

Allowing minimal html in the forum text - 208 views

feature forum suggestion HTML text format code hyperlink link colour sticky note annotate markup wiki textile Trac WMD WYSIWYG WYSIWYM

started by iplnts on 16 May 07
Graham Perrin liked it
  • iplnts

Hi!

suggestion: Would it be allowed similar rich text editing in forum view? At least inserting any hyperlink.

Thanks, for considering
  • Oliver S.

Inserting hyperlinks into forum posts is already possible as you can see for example here and here. But it requires using HTML code, so it is not very convenient.

And text formatting is possible too by using HTML code. Of course, rich text editing similar to the way it can be done within sticky notes would be better.
  • Maggie Tsai

yes, you can add diigo sticky note here :-)
  • iplnts

Hi ollitolli!

You are an adept. ( I can see from your profile we can have some common interest on another fields too:))

Many thanks, for your tip! (in-situ) see below

ollitolli wrote:
    > Inserting hyperlinks into forum posts is already possible as you can see for example here and here. But it requires using HTML code, so it is not very convenient.
    >
    > And text formatting is possible too by using HTML code. Of course, rich text editing similar to the way it can be done within sticky notes would be better.

HI again, when this reply i had started I couldn't see yet the resolution. It would had been a really 'magick' although i haven't sent yet the reply in.situ i noticed the resolution. It would had happened also i was frightfully absent during the reading!
  • iplnts

Hi Maggie!

I was not too exact in this post.

I meant, as ollitolli said above - allowing the reach text editing in adding a new forum post or replying to a forum post would be easier and better!

Would it be solved somehow?

maggie_diigo wrote:
    > yes, you can add diigo sticky note here :-)
  • Oliver S.

iplnts, I am glad I could help you a little bit.

iplnts wrote:
    > Hi ollitolli!
    >You are an adept. ( I can see from your profile we can have some common interest on another fields too:))
    >Many thanks, for your tip!
  • iplnts

Hi! ollitolli

HTML code here! Its seems working (but when i'm just trying to type i really don't know yet) Thanks, again!
  • Dr. Fridemar Pache

We really should become accustomed to replace old fashioned forums by annotations.
    The time of only "Wow, cool" annotations is hopefully soon over.

maggie_diigo wrote:
    > yes, you can add diigo sticky note here :-)
  • Maggie Tsai

Absolutely agree.

Stay tuned... more new features coming.
  • Graham Perrin

iplnts wrote:

> reach text editing in adding a new forum post or replying

@ iplnts

Would you like to chime in under http://groups.diigo.com/Diigo_HQ/forum/topic/kupu-fckeditor-tinymce-8503 ?

@ Diigo developers

Focusing on the original topic, unabridged:

> Allowing minimal html in the forum text

I realise that there may be a requirement to _not_ make forum front end GUI and back end services too heavyweight.

For users who prefer plain text composition, a preference and related cookie could please.
  • The Ravine / Joseph Dunphy

Oliver S. wrote:

> And text formatting is possible too by using
    > HTML code.
    > Of course, rich text editing similar to the way it can be done
    > within sticky notes would be better.

I like having HTML as an option, and would hate to see it go - a lot. I hope you're not suggesting that.

• yc c

How about textile or wiki markup?

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group