Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ CSV backup shows no annotations
cuttingedge -

CSV backup shows no annotations - 114 views

backup

started by cuttingedge - on 29 Mar 08
  • cuttingedge -
     
    When I export my bookmarks via CSV the columns title, url, tags, and comments
    all have content in them except 'annotations' (the most important one)
    I don't want to spend my life annotating things with the worry that if diigo goes under and I'm stuck.
    Ideas?
  • Joel Liu
     
    Y, please try RSS format. We will look into the export issue later.
  • cuttingedge -
     
    I also tried RSS and it doesn't back annotations.
    This could be a deal breaker for me. If I invest
    huge amounts of time into annotating pages
    for research then I want to be sure I have them
    backed up.


    Joel Liu wrote:
    > Y, please try RSS format. We will look into the export issue later.
  • Ellen H.
     
    When I subscribe to my own bookmarks by rss, the annotations are included just fine--but only the public bookmarks. However, even the private annotations show up--actually a bit of a problem now that I think of it. But they do show up on RSS, if you subscribe.

    cuttingedge wrote:
    > I also tried RSS and it doesn't back annotations.
    > This could be a deal breaker for me. If I invest
    > huge amounts of time into annotating pages
    > for research then I want to be sure I have them
    > backed up.
    >
    >
    > Joel Liu wrote:
    > > Y, please try RSS format. We will look into the export issue later.
  • Joel Liu
     
    We are working on it now.
  • cuttingedge -
     
    Great!
    Joel, how will we know when you solve this and other things you are working on? Do we need to keep checking version history or do you post it on the appropriate threads such as this one? Nice work.
    Joel Liu wrote:
    > We are working on it now.
  • davido T
     
    Unfortunately I got none of my highlights, using csv and rss a few minutes ago. This used to work actually. I have a csv export from Sept 07 that includes highlights. I hope this functionality will come back, because I'm with cuttingedge--it's nerve-wracking to wonder if my time spent annotating will be available in the future.

    thanks!

    cuttingedge wrote:
    > Great!
    > Joel, how will we know when you solve this and other things you are working on? Do we need to keep checking version history or do you post it on the appropriate threads such as this one? Nice work.
    > Joel Liu wrote:
    > > We are working on it now.

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group