Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ Highlights and bookmars disappearing
altergrin altergrin

Highlights and bookmars disappearing - 76 views

bookmark bug highlight

started by altergrin altergrin on 10 Jul 07
  • altergrin altergrin

A couple of days ago I spent four hours searching and browsing the net, did some highlights and research, and so on.
    Later I noticed, that no one of these bookmarks appeared in my Diigo. I had already such problems sometimes, but after some time, maybe a day, bookmarks was there.
    But now new, fresh, bookmarks are seen, and those - aren`t.
    Also I didn`t care very much then, because highlighted text was in my cache, or something, at least I could see it on those pages. But now all this also disappeared.
    That`s the trouble.
    Thank you.
  • Joel Liu

Hi, altergrin:
    Did you mean some bookmarks you saw in your bookmarks list before disappear now ?
    Please give us more accurate description and we will look into it very seriously.
    Thanks
  • altergrin altergrin

joel wrote:
    > Did you mean some bookmarks you saw in your bookmarks list before disappear now ?
    Exactly.

> Please give us more accurate description and we will look into it very seriously.
    For example, I highlighted some text on this page ( http://85.192.55.201/limonov/anatomia_hero/16.htm ), then, before I closed firefox, I returned a few times, and read what I noticed there.
    After restarting the browser, I saw that no one of these bookmarks (besides http://85.192.55.201/limonov/anatomia_hero/16.htm , and this one too), appeared on Diigo.

As I noted, this was not the first time, similar things happened before - sometimes bookmarks didn`t appear instantly, I waited for a few hours, and then they appeared. So this is the first time when I precisely noticed evident loss.
  • Joel Liu

I bookmarked and highlighted http://85.192.55.201/limonov/anatomia_hero/16.htm successfully.
    Did you see a "Bookmark Saved" tips on the upper left corner of Firefox just after you submit the bookmark?

altergrin wrote:
    > joel wrote:
    > > Did you mean some bookmarks you saw in your bookmarks list before disappear now ?
    > Exactly.
    ===> This is strange. When you see the bookmarks in www.diigo.com/user/altergrin, that means those bookmarks are in the diigo database, it is unlikely to disappear. Is it possible that you are in the following situation?
    1)You have both public/private bookmarks
    2) Sometimes, you login diigo and see all bookmarks in www.diigo.com/user/altergrin
    3) Sometimes, you didn't login, so only see public bookmarks in www.diigo.com/user/altergrin

> > Please give us more accurate description and we will look into it very seriously.
    > For example, I highlighted some text on this page ( http://85.192.55.201/limonov/anatomia_hero/16.htm ), then, before I closed firefox, I returned a few times, and read what I noticed there.
    ===>Before you restart the browser, did those bookmarks appear in www.diigo.com/user/altergrin ?

> After restarting the browser, I saw that no one of these bookmarks (besides http://85.192.55.201/limonov/anatomia_hero/16.htm , and this one too), appeared on Diigo.
    >

> As I noted, this was not the first time, similar things happened before - sometimes bookmarks didn`t appear instantly, I waited for a few hours, and then they appeared. So this is the first time when I precisely noticed evident loss.
    ===>This may due to some temp connection error. Diigo has a feature named "submit and forget". After you submit a bookmark, if it can't be saved due to the connection error or due to servers in maintenance /heave load, the Diigo toolbar will do it sometime later untill it is saved. But this shouldn't be a normal case. Please let me know directly when you find the problem again ( joel 【at 】 diigo dot com)
  • altergrin altergrin

> > > Exactly.
    > > This is strange. When you see the bookmarks in www.diigo.com/user/altergrin, that means those bookmarks are in the diigo database, it is unlikely to disappear.
    No, sorry for my rush, I haven`t seen it there.
    The pages were marked on the toolbar ( the book was here: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9843/diigojh3.jpg ), highlights were seen, but no one of them were in www.diigo.com/user/altergrin. And I was definitely logged in.

> >Before you restart the browser, did those bookmarks appear in www.diigo.com/user/altergrin ?
    No, they didn`t.

> >This may due to some temp connection error.
    Yes, I understand. I didn`t worried much so then. But after this data loss, I became worried. :)

> >Please let me know directly when you find the problem again ( joel 【at 】 diigo dot com)
    OK.
    Thanks.
  • Ivan

I had a similar problem - bookmarked pages would not appear in the bookmarks list. I did quite a few of them using Firefox toolbar.
    Cannot replicate at this stage but will let you know when it happens again - but it's definitely something you should investigate further, guys!
  • Helaine .

I had this start to happen with FireFox, so I switched to Flock, which was fine. Now it's happening with Flock.

What happens is, I highlight the material, right click to get the Diigo menu, choose highlight and save, add my tags etc. and click submit and close. I look at the upper left corner of the browser where Diigo used to say something about saving the bookmark - but nothing is there. Nothing happens. The bookmarks do not appear in my Diigo store.

I have not found a way to get them to actually save the bookmarklet now. not sure why.

Latest version of Flock. Latest version of FireFox. Latest version of Diigo.

Helaine

ivanhoe wrote:
    > I had a similar problem - bookmarked pages would not appear in the bookmarks list. I did quite a few of them using Firefox toolbar.
    > Cannot replicate at this stage but will let you know when it happens again - but it's definitely something you should investigate further, guys!
  • Wade Ren

If you are using the toolbar, wheneve you bookmark or highlight, you should get a message in the upper left corner of your screen as to whether the submission is successful.

What messages do you see?

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group