Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ Unable To See Annotated (higlights and sticky notes) Web Page
Anayly Ledoyen

Unable To See Annotated (higlights and sticky notes) Web Page - 150 views

Diigolet help bug suggestion

started by Anayly Ledoyen on 14 Sep 07
  • Anayly Ledoyen

It was my understanding that I would be able to see any annotated (highlights and sticky notes) web page I create after I finished it.

In reality all that I can see is the original web page BEFORE I made the annotations.

If I understand it correctly, a copy of every annotated web page I create is kept in your servers. Why can I not access my own annotated web pages?

Is this the way Diigo works, or is there a setting / process in the system I am missing, or is this a bug in the program?

I am using Firefox V. 2.0.0.6 and Diigolet.

Thanks.
  • fulvius longhi

Are you use browser plugin (install) or use a bookmark diigolet?
  • Anayly Ledoyen

fulvius wrote:
    > Are you use browser plugin (install) or use a bookmark diigolet?

My original post states: "I am using Firefox V 2.0.0.6 and Diigolet."

In your response you asked: "Are you use browser plugin (install) or use a bookmark diigolet?"

Is there a difference between the terms "Diigolet" and "bookmark Diigolet"? It seems to me that they are the same.

Please take the time to read a post carefully before you respond to it.

If possible, please forward my question for Joel to answer.

Thanks.
  • Joel Liu

Hi, Anayly:
    Plugin means Diigo toolbar which is a firefox extension. Diigolet is not a firefox extension, but a piece of javascript code.
    In your case, you need to click diigolet to see your existing annotations on the page. This is because Diigolet can't run itself automatically.
    With Diigo toolbar, the annotation can be loaded back automatically.
    So Diigolet = lightweight Diigo toolbar
    Don't hesitate to post your questions if you still meet some problems.
  • Joel Liu

1) Click Diigolet button
    2) You will see a web toolbar appear in the webpage, then click Signin at the right side of the web toolbar. After that, you should be able to see your annotations.

However, if the original page has been changed, your highlights and sticky notes may not appear on the original page. In this case, they are only stored in your "My bookmark" page.
  • Anayly Ledoyen

In My Bookmarks, when I click on the link with the title of the webpage, a new tab opens to the original webpage WITHOUT any of the highlights and sticky notes I made to it. On the My Bookmarks page, all I see are the highlights and the sticky notes that I made, I do NOT see the original webpage.

Where did the webpage with the highlights and sticky notes I made go? Even 5 minutes after I made the highlights and sticky notes, I cannot find the webpage with them on it. This does not make sense.

What do you mean by your statement: "if the original page has been changed, your highlights and sticky notes may not appear on the original page." Who would change the page? Why would the page be changed 5 minutes after I made the highlights and sticky notes on it? I do not understand.

This is what I need to know: can Diigo let me ALWAYS see the ORIGINAL WEBPAGE with ALL of the highlights and sticky notes I made on it? (Please be very clear and specific in answering this question.)

Is there a solution to this problem or is Diigo not set up to function the way I need for it to work? (Please be very clear and specific in answering this question.)

Thank you.

• Joel Liu

> In My Bookmarks, when I click on the link with the title of the webpage, a new tab opens to the original webpage WITHOUT any of the highlights and sticky notes I made to it.
    ===========> Just Click your "Diigolet" (which is a bookmarklet on your bookmark bar) in this new tab you opened, you can see the ORIGINAL WEBPAGE with ALL of the highlights and sticky notes you made on it
  • Anayly Ledoyen

I finally figured out on my own how to make Diigolet work for me but it took many weeks.

A new problem has arisen. I use AOL, Yahoo!, Hotmail and Google web mails and Diigolet does not work when I try to highlight and create sticky notes in emails I receive through those services.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you.
  • Anayly Ledoyen

I sent you the following question on October 6, 2007 and I have not received a response.

I use AOL, Yahoo!, Hotmail and Google web mails and Diigolet does not work when I try to highlight and create sticky notes in emails I receive through those services. Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you.
  • Maggie Tsai

Highlight and sticky notes work in permanent URL - they won't work in dynamic pages like pages in emails
  • Anayly Ledoyen

For two months (October and November, 2007) I was able to see the original webpages with all of my highlights and sticky notes.

Today (11-30-07) I cannot see any highlights and sticky notes on any original webpages.

Additionally, I am not able to create new sticky notes on any webpage.

Are these bugs or is this the way it will be permanently?

Thank you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    joel wrote:

> > In My Bookmarks, when I click on the link with the title of the webpage, a new tab opens to the original webpage WITHOUT any of the highlights and sticky notes I made to it.

> =========== > Just Click your "Diigolet" (which is a bookmarklet on your bookmark bar) in this new tab you opened, you can see the ORIGINAL WEBPAGE with ALL of the highlights and sticky notes you made on it
  • Graham Perrin

> Highlight and sticky notes work in permanent URL - they
    > won't work in dynamic pages like pages in emails

AFAICT in Diigo 4.0 beta, handling of
    #
    character within URLs improves the ability of Diigo to bookmark some types of page. At least:

* compatible with Google Gmail
    * partly compatible with Google Wave.

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group