Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ My tags aren't working!
DailyRebellions

My tags aren't working! - 35 views

tag tagcloud performance

started by DailyRebellions on 15 May 07
  • DailyRebellions
     
    If I click on any tag, no matter how many entries are tagged with that tag, I get the message that "You have no bookmarks under" that tag.

    Whats going on?
  • DailyRebellions
     
    Seriously -

    I consider this to be a HUGE problem. I can't believe anyone hasnt mentioned it ANYWHERE in a forum or on the site. If this major capability - sort by tag - is down, dont you think the users should know about it??

    It seems to be fine with any tag that was not entered in today. I logged into an old profile, and could sort by tag there. Here is what I found:

    1. If I added a new bookmark with a new tag, and then clicked on that tag, I would receive the "you have no bookmarks under {new tag].

    2. If I added a new bookmark under an existing tag, the bookmark would not show up with the rest of the bookmarks entered in the past.

    3. None of this seems to be a problem with groups (?!?)

    4. I created a new profile to see if it was limited to my account. Nope, same problem no bookmarks showed up in any tag, even when the bookmark clearly is tagged.

    So it seems to only be effecting the tags and bookmarks entered today. But because I reimported ALL of my bookmarks today, i cant search for bookmarks under ANY tag!!!

    PLEASE HELP!!


    dailyrebellions wrote:
    > If I click on any tag, no matter how many entries are tagged with that tag, I get the message that "You have no bookmarks under" that tag.
    >
    > Whats going on?
  • Hilary Reynolds
     
    Update,

    I can see the pages for tags now. I still don't see the site I just bookmarked on the bookmark page, but I do on the toolbar dropdown.
  • Hilary Reynolds
     
    Update 2

    Refreshed the toobar booksmarks and my addition disappeared from there too. Oh, well this happens. I'll just add it again.

    loyola wrote:
    > Update,
    >
    > I can see the pages for tags now. I still don't see the site I just bookmarked on the bookmark page, but I do on the toolbar dropdown.
  • DailyRebellions
     
    Oh loyola THANK you for showing me I am not crazy!!

    I am in a hyper craziness because I had SUCH plans for Diigo in terms of the RSS factors and the new groups... I have a ton of clients and wanted to consolidate all my research together for them... and I am so screwed.

    I just emailed them at info@diigo.com because I did some nosing around. I searched through public bookmarks and i found that for ALL users, when ever they did a bookmark today, that bookmark would not show up under their tag, and if they created the tag today, clicking on that tag would result in "You have no bookmarks under [new tag]" So this is happening to everyone - but unless people did a serious amount of bookmarking today (I have been working on organizing 200 today) they wouldnt see it. But it causes major problems. No RSS feeds will be updated at all for any individuals on Diigo! You cant search any new bookmarks! *whiiiiiiiine*

    I hope someone writes in soon!!
  • DailyRebellions
     
    Update | Example > I had deleted ALL my bookmarks and reimported them today. So all my bookmarks are new. Look at my page at http://www.diigo.com/user/Dailyrebellions

    Click on ANY tag. They all will show the same message!


    dailyrebellions wrote:
    > Oh loyola THANK you for showing me I am not crazy!!
    >
    > I am in a hyper craziness because I had SUCH plans for Diigo in terms of the RSS factors and the new groups... I have a ton of clients and wanted to consolidate all my research together for them... and I am so screwed.
    >
    > I just emailed them at info@diigo.com because I did some nosing around. I searched through public bookmarks and i found that for ALL users, when ever they did a bookmark today, that bookmark would not show up under their tag, and if they created the tag today, clicking on that tag would result in "You have no bookmarks under [new tag]" So this is happening to everyone - but unless people did a serious amount of bookmarking today (I have been working on organizing 200 today) they wouldnt see it. But it causes major problems. No RSS feeds will be updated at all for any individuals on Diigo! You cant search any new bookmarks! *whiiiiiiiine*
    >
    > I hope someone writes in soon!!
    >
    > loyola wrote:
    > > dailyrebellions,
    > >
    > > This is not a usual problem. I have been a user for sometime now and not experienced this. At the moment, however, I am finding this as well. It shows my bookmarks for a tag using the toolbar, but not on the web page. The tag list on the left does however show that I have 37 bookmarks tagged "journals".
    > >
    > > Also and I imagine related. I added a bookmark which shows on the toolbar bookmark list, but not on the bookmark page.
    > >
    > > dailyrebellions wrote:
    > > > Seriously -
    > > >
    > > > I consider this to be a HUGE problem. I can't believe anyone hasnt mentioned it ANYWHERE in a forum or on the site. If this major capability - sort by tag - is down, dont you think the users should know about it??
    > > >
    > > > It seems to be fine with any tag that was not entered in today. I logged into an old profile, and could sort by tag there. Here is what I found:
    > > >
    > > > 1. If I added a new bookmark with a new tag, and then clicked on that tag, I would receive the "you have no bookmarks under {new tag].
    > > >
    > > > 2. If I added a new bookmark under an existing tag, the bookmark would not show up with the rest of the bookmarks entered in the past.
    > > >
    > > > 3. None of this seems to be a problem with groups (?!?)
    > > >
    > > > 4. I created a new profile to see if it was limited to my account. Nope, same problem no bookmarks showed up in any tag, even when the bookmark clearly is tagged.
    > > >
    > > > So it seems to only be effecting the tags and bookmarks entered today. But because I reimported ALL of my bookmarks today, i cant search for bookmarks under ANY tag!!!
    > > >
    > > > PLEASE HELP!!
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > dailyrebellions wrote:
    > > > > If I click on any tag, no matter how many entries are tagged with that tag, I get the message that "You have no bookmarks under" that tag.
    > > > >
    > > > > Whats going on?
  • Maggie Tsai
     
    Sorry, I should have participated in the discussion earlier - was too busy with other tasks lately to answer the forum questions until now.

    Sorry for the temporary hiccup & inconvenience. This is related to our list server that temporarily went down yesterday (being worked on), but should be fine now. We recently upgraded our search (last time it went down was during the upgrade period.) You should all notice a performance improvement since our recent upgrade. We will continue making our performance tuning a high priority to improve your overall user experience.

    PS> Loyola, thanks for your help and participation :-)
  • Hilary Reynolds
     
    Maggie,

    A pleasure )))
    maggie_diigo wrote:
    > Sorry, I should have participated in the discussion earlier - was too busy with other tasks lately to answer the forum questions until now.
    >
    > Sorry for the temporary hiccup & inconvenience. This is related to our list server that temporarily went down yesterday (being worked on), but should be fine now. We recently upgraded our search (last time it went down was during the upgrade period.) You should all notice a performance improvement since our recent upgrade. We will continue making our performance tuning a high priority to improve your overall user experience.
    >
    > PS > Loyola, thanks for your help and participation :-)

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group