Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ searching through group tags ...and: What is the syntax for searches?
Trent Larson

searching through group tags ...and: What is the syntax for searches? - 40 views

search tags help

started by Trent Larson on 13 Jul 08
  • Trent Larson

My immediate need: I'm trying to search my group's bookmarks for specific tags, but I want an "OR" search, eg. to pull up all bookmarks tagged with either "children" or "kids". How can I do this? Ultimately, I want to automatically construct URLs with the right settings for others, so I hope the end goal has a URL I can construct (like most of the other things you do, and thanks for that).

A broader question: What is the syntax for advanced searches? From trial and error and this forum, I've learned things like:
    - searches with the * wildcard
    - my tag searches with URL "user/[username]/tag1%20tag2"
    - group tag searches with URL "[group]/bookmark/tag/tag1+tag2"
    - there is some kind of syntax for grouping, because I saw something like "tag:(tag1+tag2)" after one of my searches, but I cannot duplicate it

Is there any page that lists all the syntax for searching (including things like the "tags:(...)" advanced features)? I've wanted that reference many times.

Thanks for all your work!

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group