Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ And PDF support?
Dr. Skepticus

And PDF support? - 100 views

pdf suggestion

started by Dr. Skepticus on 04 Jun 07
  • Dr. Skepticus

I've posted about this before, and I'm still waiting for a clear response. Are you planning to support catching PDF files and annotate on them? I would like to use just one bookmarking service, but because of little things like this one, I still find that FURL is very useful.
  • Maggie Tsai

On our To-Do.

Does Furl offer web annotation, and do they offer it for PDF? don't think so. What do they have that Diigo doesn't have?
  • Dr. Skepticus

maggie_diigo wrote:
    > On our To-Do.
    >
    > Does Furl offer web annotation, and do they offer it for PDF? don't think so.

Of course not. That's why I demand more from my favorite bookmarking and researching tool: Diigo.

> What do they have that Diigo doesn't have?

FURL does catch PDF files. So I keep using it. If the site with the PDF file goes down I still have a copy on FURL.

I work a lot with PDF files, since I read scientific journals. FURL keeps a copy for me, but Diigo could do much more. You understand what I mean.
  • Maggie Tsai

got it.
  • Hilary Reynolds

I had thought about adding this as a request, but it seemed to me to be far more difficult to annotate a pdf file on the web than an HTML file. This being said, many journals offer a pdf as well as an html version and I simply annotate the HTML version. There are however those who do offer HTML files so if pdf annnotation is possible, it would be great.

skepticus wrote:
    > maggie_diigo wrote:
    > > On our To-Do.
    > >
    > > Does Furl offer web annotation, and do they offer it for PDF? don't think so.
    >
    > Of course not. That's why I demand more from my favorite bookmarking and researching tool: Diigo.
    >
    > > What do they have that Diigo doesn't have?
    >
    > FURL does catch PDF files. So I keep using it. If the site with the PDF file goes down I still have a copy on FURL.
    >
    > I work a lot with PDF files, since I read scientific journals. FURL keeps a copy for me, but Diigo could do much more. You understand what I mean.

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group