Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ An extensible conversation should more easily allow a participant to invite a person who is in conversation elsewhere
Graham Perrin

An extensible conversation should more easily allow a participant to invite a person who is in conversation elsewhere - 144 views

conversation message friend trust discussion GUI TTW suggestion gpd4

started by Graham Perrin on 22 Nov 08
  • Graham Perrin

Logically:

if
    person B has responded to person A

and if
    person A has responded to person B

then
    there is (at least) a two-way conversation between (at least) those two individuals.

Example: at http://groups.diigo.com/Diigo_HQ/forum/topic/private-public-unread-bookmarks-for-research-7338 Natetronn Jackson and I fit the two criteria.

Now: I wish to invite Nate to a conversation, but because he's not a friend, I can not do so.

I might invite a friendship, or add to a list, or whatever - as a prerequisite to Nate joining the conversation.

Better: where there exists an implicit relationship (in the example above, simple two-way conversation) between two individuals, it should be easier to extend conversations.

I imagine a drag and drop action of some sort.

Already the 'Voice' portlet does express those who are participating in a topic.

I'm in no rush to review this topic, just seeding it while I think of it …

Postscripts:

* There may be a temptation to extend or complement the current 'Voice' portlet. However: considering the recent brainstorm and other discussions of widgets etc., I think it should be good for Diigo community and developer thoughts to coalesce before rushing to change any portlet. Key words: big picture.

* For me, personally, the task of extending a conversation is the type of task that I'd place in my honeypot for later action.

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group