Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ NormalWindowsForSocialCollaborationByAnnotation
Dr. Fridemar Pache

NormalWindowsForSocialCollaborationByAnnotation - 83 views

annotation diigo feature space windows

started by Dr. Fridemar Pache on 11 Jun 07
  • Dr. Fridemar Pache

NormalWindowsForSocialCollaborationByAnnotation - diigoengine,featurerequest - Diigo Community | Diigo Group Forum

NormalWindowsForSocialCollaborationByAnnotation

Dear Maggie, dear Diigos,

wouldn't be it nice, to have

(A) FullsizedWindowsOnDemand, instead of tiny stickies, where

* the workflow of CollaborationByAnnotation is hampered,
    * time lost by fiddeling around with the scrollbar and where
    * external links produce crippled representations of the target pages inside the tinies.

(B) UrlBasedWindowsForAnnotations
    allow each annotation to have its own URL, like the TrailfireEngine does it for their annotations, called TrailMarks. In this case each DiigoAnnotation can be
    * addressed from wikis, annotations , elsewhere and
    * again annotated ( NestedAnnotation)
    * shown in GoogleSearchResults

The TrailFireMarkUrls show as numbers. The more readable and more useful form would be by the title of each serious annotation. If users take their time to fill in an explicit title, or a TagCombination as title, then they signal to the AnnotationEngine that they have a serious interest in ExplicitSocialCollaboration or at least IncidentalCollaboration.

There is another psychological reason for having UnrestrictedAnnotationSpace: If the offered space for annotation-windows is only small, in comparison to the annotated page (,say a WikiPedia page), then this discriminates the serious annotators, versus the annotated authors, by letting them appear in an undecent small proportion. This destroys SocialSymmetry.

Or in more business speak: Let each of your clients be king. Give them convenient
    KingSizeSpaceForCollaboration.

Or in correctly gendered form: Let each of your clients be Queen. Give them convenient
    QueenSizeSpaceForCollaboration ;-)

-- fridemar

DemoForTrailfireAnnotation

DemoForDiigoAnnotation

• iplnts

Hi fridemar & Maggie!

I looked after what fridemar offered. (It is a little exhaustive for me momentarily, although it may be a very good idea)
    But, i can confirm that the stícky window really very little ( it would be at least not only scrolllable and movable but, sizeable, too). Owing to i also struggled with more times to wrap the text again after i'd saved and edited a text in rich text mode. Because of the too little sticky window it often wraps the text wrongly after saving.

I offered yet in an earlier of my topics
    1. Sizeable Sticky pop-up & misleading of sticky or comment
    http://groups.diigo.com/Diigo_HQ/forum/topic/409

Regarding to
    > * external links produce crippled representations of the target pages inside the tinies.
    There would be a little backway to solve this...
    When someone insert a link in rich text mode of sticky then one can edit that link in text mode inserting to this link in html mode ....target="_blank". It will open the link in a new window not in the sticky. But, there is little problem for example in Firefox it will open a new Firefox window not a new tab. I don't how it would be solved. By the way: it would be solved automatically by Diigo, when the sticky saved

fridemar wrote:

> Dear Maggie, dear Diigos,
    >
    > wouldn't be it nice, to have
    >
    > (A) FullsizedWindowsOnDemand, instead of tiny stickies, where
    >
    > * the workflow of CollaborationByAnnotation is hampered,
    > * time lost by fiddeling around with the scrollbar and where
    > * external links produce crippled representations of the target pages inside the tinies.
    >
    > :).....
    > -- fridemar
    >
    >
    > DemoForTrailfireAnnotation

> DemoForDiigoAnnotation
    >
    >

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group