Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ How to turn annotation markers (highlights) on and off.
Dr. Fridemar Pache

How to turn annotation markers (highlights) on and off. - 115 views

annotation discussion view

started by Dr. Fridemar Pache on 13 May 07
  • Dr. Fridemar Pache

Dear Maggie,
    when a lot of annotations are on a page, it is cumbersome to turn them temporarily on/off. One has to sign on/off accordingly. What about offering a toggle button (or keyboard shortcut) for that.
    Thank you
    Fridemar
  • Maggie Tsai

Hi fridemar

We already offer a "Show Annotation" View Mode setting in the toolbar where you can easily toggle your viewing preference (All, private, group, disable).

To turn this into a keyboard shortcut, anything is doable - but question is how much demand is this feature? Also, keyboard shortcut must be executed with great care - since there may easily cause potential conflicts with other keyboard shortcuts by other popular software. Last thing we want to do is to create incompatibility, if this feature is not mission-critical and we do offer alternative solution.
  • Oliver S.

maggie_diigo wrote:
    > Hi fridemar

>We already offer a "Show Annotation" View Mode setting in the toolbar where you can easily toggle your viewing preference (All, private, group, disable).

I think this selection button works nicely. I like having it displayed separated from the Diigo drop-down list button so that I access it more quickly.

@Fridemar: Did you know that you can have this view mode selection being displayed as a separate button in the toolbar by enabling "Show this setting on the toolbar"?

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group