Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ Adding Offline Information to Lists
wordsmith

Adding Offline Information to Lists - 90 views

started by wordsmith on 30 Aug 08
  • wordsmith

I would like to add a quote from an offline source so that it displays as a bookmark item on a list would. Basically, using the "highlight and bookmark" function without adding a URL.

I could click on "add section" in "My Lists". However, I would prefer the information to be displayed as a bookmark item would. That way I can add sticky notes and such.

Any suggestions? I could just click on any website and then edit the title of the bookmark later, but that seems like too much work for something so simple. Instead of the URL, it would be great if I could input the title of the source like a book or magazine.
  • wordsmith

I have figured out how to add offline information so that it appears as a bookmark. On the "my bookmarks" page, go to the "add a bookmark" section (on the right side) and click "Add". You don't need to enter anything in the "Add" box.

When the "Add New Bookmark" page opens, you just input what you want. Of course, it would be great if we could choose to input a book/article title into the URL box.

Unfortunately, there is an error in Diigo which only allows you to input one piece of offline information. Every time I try to add a new item to the bookmark list, the previous item is written over with the new item.
  • Call Me What You Want

"I was going to send you a message requesting if you could update me when you find a way to add offline information to your Diigo without the limitations (from the topic you made at the group) but I wasn't allowed to send you a message so here I am asking to be your friend."

I apologize for posting my message here but I wasn't allowed to send you a message and I kept getting a captcha error when requesting to be friends.
  • wordsmith

I haven't found one. I intend to post a solution to this thread when I do. In the meantime, you can enable email notification for this topic. Just click on "Enable" on the bottom right corner of this box.
  • mia jade
  • Call Me What You Want

Thanks. Already done that. Btw what was on Mia's link? Couldn't access it.

wordsmith wrote:
    > I haven't found one. I intend to post a solution to this thread when I do. In the meantime, you can enable email notification for this topic. Just click on "Enable" on the bottom right corner of this box.
  • wordsmith

Me neither.

Call Me What You Want wrote:
    > Thanks. Already done that. Btw what was on Mia's link? Couldn't access it.

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group