How to Get Started
Make sure you already have a Google+ account (and optionally a company page), then follow these steps. Install (or make sure you have installed) the Google Talk plugin. Follow all of the instructions to install the plugin. Then login to your Google+ account (see image for placement of steps):
- Click the link to “Start your own hangout” in the right column. Check in the top right corner and select the personal account or company page you want to use to host this hangout.
- If you have multiple cameras and microphones connected to your computer, make sure you select the one you prefer to use first.
- Invite an entire circle, individuals or select Public.
- Give yourself time to practice. I’m part of a group of women on Google+ who routinely test out new features privately before we open up public hangouts.
- Create the list of people you want to invite by putting them all in a circle. Then just invite the circle.
- Create any documents you are going to share ahead of time in Google Docs to easily add them to the hangout.