shared by Barbara Lindsey on 02 Jan 11 - No Cached
Our users can log their ski trip, hiking trip or sightseeing trip, upload it to Breadcrumbs with their photos and videos, and send it to all their friends, who can relive the adventure in 3D. And this is only the start, as we plan to provide our users with a platform to not only edit and maintain tracks, but also to find new places to explore and interact within a social network.
Breadcrumbs is the first web application of its kind, where users can manage GPS tracks, photos and videos in one place - it can be thought of as 'Flickr for GPS tracks'.
The key features of Breadcrumbs include:
Relive your adventure: Breadcrumbs brings together photos, videos and GPS tracks in one quick and easy process and our 3D playback function brings the track alive. Edit and manage: Breadcrumbs comes with a suite of tools which let users edit and manage their GPS tracks, photos and videos. These include:
- Automated geotagging of photos.
- Track editing tool to correct GPS points.
- Add information to your adventure to help tell the story, such as show where you ate your lunch or spotted some wildlife.
- Organize: Breadcrumbs offers a rich set of tools to help users to manage adventures.
- Share: Breadcrumbs makes it easy to share adventures, with options including a public page for each track and direct integration with Facebook.
- ...2 more annotations...
Our utilization and heavy integration with the Google Earth plugin is also a big bonus for the user. Garmin allows you to look at your data in Google Maps and indeed Google Earth. However, Breadcrumbs builds on this as we have built a track playback feature on top of the plugin which allows you to hit play and replay your trip step by step. It's like watching a movie of your day out! This really does bring the users' GPS data to life especially when sharing with friends and family.
We are already integrated with one smartphone application allowing the user to push their tracks directly to Breadcrumbs from their phone.