Skip to main content

Home/ Centre for Teaching Excellence/ Group items tagged student gains

Rss Feed Group items tagged

Jane Holbrook

SALG - Student Assessment of their Learning Gains - 0 views

    The Student Assessment of their Learning Gains (SALG) website allows instructors to gather learning-focused feedback from students. The SALG survey asks students to rate how each component of a course (e.g., textbook, collaborative work, labs) helped them to learn, and to rate their gains toward achieving the course goals. The SALG survey can be customized to fit any college-level course, and can be administered multiple times per course. A baseline instrument allows faculty to compare gains relative to incoming student characteristics.
Mark Morton

ECCS - Students - Engineering Co-op - 0 views

  • International students and Co-op Co-op offers international students an excellent opportunity to gain Canadian work experience. International students can apply for Co-op opportunities, provided they have secured the required documentation and approvals to gain legal permission to work off campus. International students must have the following BEFORE applying for Co-op positions: Valid passport that will cover the extended duration of studies, including the work term(s), Valid study permit that will cover the extended duration of studies, including the work term(s), Valid work permit that will cover the duration of the work term(s). Students should apply for work permits well before the anticipated start of the work term. Do not wait until you have been extended an offer! Paperwork processing could take weeks or months, and if the legal documentation is not obtained in time, the offer of employment will be forfeited. If you are an international student planning to apply for Co-op positions, speak to ECCS staff when you register in Co-op and request a letter that will confirm that your intended work term employment is a requirement of your academic program. This letter will need to be submitted to Citizenship and Immigration Canada with the “Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Remain in Canada”, along with any other required documents, when you apply for the work permit. Information on this process and application forms can be found at:
1 - 2 of 2
Showing 20 items per page