26 More Videos that Sparked Genius Hour Thinking, Collaboration, and Actions in Our Cla... - 0 views
16 years ago, a UNESCO world commission came up with a blue-print of Education For the 21st Century. It was headed by J. Delors, a former prime minister of France and included 12 outstanding education leaders and experts from all over the world.
(1) Learning to Know----(fomal/informal education) (2) Learning to do—(skills) (3) Learning to Live Together-----and Learning to Be-----(self-realization)
in the present day and age, crucial that we addressed the need to learn about other people, their history and cultures and thus by “recognizing interdependence as well as the risks and challenges involved, we will be able to develop more effective solutions to manage and minimize conflicts
- ...5 more annotations...
The report also spoke about 7 over-arching tensions, these being:
1. The tension between the global and the local.
2. The tension between the universal and the individual.
3. The tension between tradition and modernity.
4. The tension between long term and short term considerations.
5. The tension between competition and concern for equality of opportunity.
6. The tension between expansion of knowledge and our capacity to assimilate it.
7. The tension between the spiritual and the material.
proposed the promotion of citizenship values, respect for others’ cultures, appreciation of differences, creating awareness of commonalities leading to resolving conflicts through dialogues and working peace and development.
He made a spirited plea for making concerted efforts to ensure that Learning To Live Together (LTLT) is universally accepted as an educational response to resolving of differences and conflicts.
Pakistan today is a frightfully faction-and-conflict-ridden society. We have to reckon with a daily toll of a number of innocent lives all over the country.
More than perhaps, any other country, Pakistan needs to take up without delay, besides other necessary measures, well-devised educational programmes aimed at imparting the art and strategies of Learning To Live Together