Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ Delicious toolbar is better than diigo toolbar
anonymous

Delicious toolbar is better than diigo toolbar - 163 views

tags help suggstion delicious diigo toolbar

started by anonymous on 27 Jun 09
  • anonymous

Please, sorry for my bad english, I am learning your language.

Diigo general service is better than delicious, more complete, more social and more visual but there is somthing that I don't found in diigotoolbar: A tree estructured tag list. I have thousands of bookmarks and hundreds of tags. It is literaly impossible to find concrete bookmarks without writing the tag name or a combination of tags, and when you have hundreds of tags can be so difficult to remember which tag you assigned in a bookmark.

For example. I'm looking for an article about "human origins". With delicious toolbar I just have to click in "biology" tag and immediatly opens a tree with other related tags like "antropology" or "paleontology" or "homo ergaster". It is very easy, I have not to remember anything, any tag, just look and select.

But with diigo toolbar I have to remember if I saved this bookmark by "antropology" or "paleontology" and make different tests and tag combinations to find it. Is desesperating
  • Graham Perrin

Subject: tags

Hi

Defocusing from Diigo: problems with tags are not unusual. (In another system, which I need not name, I don't bother to use the tagging system at all.)

In Diigo Community forum: it is widely recognised that tags are problematic for some users, for different reasons. Problems with tags have been resolved with Diigo in the past, let's assume that problems will be resolved again, in due course.

Common Tag format may be of interest to us. If you would like to discuss, there's another Diigo group that may be of interest: Web2

http://groups.diigo.com/Web2/bookmark/tag/%22Common%2520Tag%22 finds some related bookmarks in that area.

Regards
    Graham
  • Graham Perrin

Subject: trees and hierarchies

Lamarck Jean wrote:

> … tree estructured tag list. I have thousands of bookmarks and
    > hundreds of tags. It is literaly impossible to find concrete
    > bookmarks without …

Two pieces that may be of interest:

Chandler Wiki : How The Cookie Crumbles Part I (with my annotations)

Shirky: Ontology is Overrated -- Categories, Links, and Tags (with all annotations)

You may shape your tree of tags perfectly, for your personal needs. However: in Diigo groups (a core feature) it may be less practical for group members, with diverse preferences, to continue working from that same tree with many tags/branches.

Does that make sense?

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group