Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ Bug - Two word tags OK in My Diigo tag cloud but not working in groups. 2 design issues
willss

Bug - Two word tags OK in My Diigo tag cloud but not working in groups. 2 design issues - 103 views

edit tags tagging tags tag cloud count

started by willss on 26 Feb 08
  • willss

Hi

I have a private group that I automatically store numerous sites in and have My Diigo where all my borkwarked sites sit.

I have come across three issues one of which seems like a bug.

1. If you update tag in My Diigo doesn't automatically update tags on same sites in groups - Yesterday i went and edited a number of tags in My Diigo fully expecting these to flow automatically into my groups where the same site is bookmarked with the same tags - however they didn't. Is this something you are looking at or should I remember to update My Diigo as well as the groups. This is a pain because 1. your group tags get out of sync with your my Diigo tags 2. It takes quite a lot of time to have to do this across my Diigo and your groups. i.e. when I imported my bookmarks from favourites it bought in a folder name I didn't want as a tag so had to change across My Diigo (easy) and in my group (difficult and point 2.
    2. You cannot edit tags in groups like you can in My Diigo. i.e. i wanted to delete a tag across 70 sites that came from favourites in ie and had to do manually in groups in each site but you can delete all in my diigo in 1 action
    3. BUG BUG BUG - after editing the tags in my group yesterday now when i click on any >1 letter word in the tag cloud no bookmarks are bought back. However in My Diigo clicking the same tag in the tag cloud returns the bookmarked sites.

hope this is useful.

Cheers
    Will
  • Joel Liu

> 1. If you update tag in My Diigo doesn't automatically update tags on same sites in groups - Yesterday i went and edited a number of tags in My Diigo fully expecting these to flow automatically into my groups where the same site is bookmarked with the same tags - however they didn't. Is this something you are looking at or should I remember to update My Diigo as well as the groups. This is a pain because 1. your group tags get out of sync with your my Diigo tags 2. It takes quite a lot of time to have to do this across my Diigo and your groups. i.e. when I imported my bookmarks from favourites it bought in a folder name I didn't want as a tag so had to change across My Diigo (easy) and in my group (difficult and point 2.
    =======> Group is designed for a group of people, so the bookmarks in your bookmark and those in the group are different. Once bookmarks are shared to group, they belong to groups.

> 2. You cannot edit tags in groups like you can in My Diigo. i.e. i wanted to delete a tag across 70 sites that came from favourites in ie and had to do manually in groups in each site but you can delete all in my diigo in 1 action
    ====> You can do it by click the "Edit" besides the group tag cloud to do batch tag editing.

> 3. BUG BUG BUG - after editing the tags in my group yesterday now when i click on any >1 letter word in the tag cloud no bookmarks are bought back. However in My Diigo clicking the same tag in the tag cloud returns the bookmarked sites.

====> Sorry, I can't reproduce it. Could you tell me more about this group, for example, what's the tag ? You can give an email to joel 【at】 diigo dot com

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group