Skip to main content

Home/ Diigo Community/ embedded "-" characters in tags.
Hans Wobbe

embedded "-" characters in tags. - 56 views

bug spam (electronic)

started by Hans Wobbe on 27 Jul 07
  • Hans Wobbe

My original question seems to have been over-looked (perhaps because I did not 'tag" it effectively, and I could not find a way to edit it that would allow me to add a Tag.).

Please see...

http://groups.diigo.com/Diigo_HQ/forum/topic/1080

Furthermore, as of this morning, when I try to use the toolbar to access my tags, all I get is a few lines including some advertising for "Mercedes Car Benz New Slr undefined" that looks suspiciously like spam.

Thanks.
  • Joel Liu

Furthermore, as of this morning, when I try to use the toolbar to access my tags, all I get is a few lines including some advertising for "Mercedes Car Benz New Slr undefined" that looks suspiciously like spam.
    ========> Did you see these strange tags in the tag drop down list of Edit Filter window? It's strange, do you still have this problem? Could you give us a screen shot to joe 【at】 diigo dot come ?

Thanks.
  • Hans Wobbe

Yes, they were in the drop down box. My apologies, for not having immediately captured a screen grab, but I was also encountering problems due to excessive aggregate response times (flickr - the site I was annotating) was having a bit of trouble with their ad server and TrailFire was also apparently suffering from slow response. As a result, I had to break out of the chain.

Obviously, I'll keep an eye out for this and will try to get an image for you during the next week.

joel wrote:
    > Furthermore, as of this morning, when I try to use the toolbar to access my tags, all I get is a few lines including some advertising for "Mercedes Car Benz New Slr undefined" that looks suspiciously like spam.
    > ======== > Did you see these strange tags in the tag drop down list of Edit Filter window? It's strange, do you still have this problem? Could you give us a screen shot to joe 【at】 diigo dot come ?
    >
    > Thanks.
  • Hans Wobbe

Thanks for the bug fix. This is now working well, which is the good news. On a slightly bad note, now that its working, I can't get the apparent spam to display again, since (obviously) the intended material is being displayed.

I have little choice but to consider this matter "closed" successfully.

Thanks, again.
  • Hans Wobbe

Update...

I managed to recreate this (all be it, accidentally) and I even managed to get a screen grab, although I think you will be able to re-create it yourself. The "apparent SPAM" results from using "undefined" as the "Tags:" value in the Toolbar's "Edit filter".

Now that I have a better understanding of what I did to generate this, I do not consider this to be related to the 'embedded "-" character' bug at all.

Thanks for your help in both these matters.

(If you would like the screen grab for any reason, I don't mind sending it.)
  • Joel Liu

We already reproduced the bug and fixed it. The new toolbar will be available soon.

It's not spam but a bug related to multiple FF windows.

Thanks very much.
  • Joel Liu

The new version is available on www.diigo.com/tools

To Top

Start a New Topic » « Back to the Diigo Community group